Many couples when struggling to conceive can find it extremely stressful. Unfortunately, stress and similar emotions cause a negative impact on the body and it’s functions due to hormones such as adrenaline being released, creating barriers that can impede a healthy system.
Fertility Reflexology is a fabulous therapy for helping the body re-balance, assisting with stimulating ovulation and balancing hormones. Along with other certain lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise, Fertility Reflexology may be able to help in the process of conception.
As your therapist, I am looking to support you on your journey to pregnancy, enabling you to be receptive in both body and mind to conceiving and then continuing with this throughout your pregnancy, looking to promote a shorter and natural labour.
Reflexology may be able to help with the following conditions:
- Conditions that impact fertility – PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids,
- Menstrual problems – painful, irregular or absent periods
- Unexplained infertility
- Natural conception/Supporting assisted conception
- Pregnancy related problems: mood swings/morning sickness/insomnia/digestive disorders
- Natural labour/ overdue
- Rebalancing the body after the birth
- Calming and relaxing both mother and baby
- Helping with balancing hormones and avoiding postnatal depression
It is not advisable for Reflexology to be used within the first trimester of pregnancy to enable the body to adjust to its new state.
Reflexology should also be avoided if you have any of the below:
- A history of pre-term labour (ie. less than 37 weeks pregnant)
- Have Placenta Previa (low lying afterbirth)
If you are unsure you should speak to your Doctor/ Midwife before treatment.